Well, unfortunately, my husband likes to eat completely different than I do. Which makes it hard to come up with dinners that we both like! I like mostly veggies and little meat...he is the opposite! This makes for some interesting "casseroles." Now, with baby here, it makes it even harder, as I do not want the baby eating meat. (or at least not eating a lot of meat) Anyway...here is my husband's favorite casserole, totally anti me and my organic and nothing from a box ways...but whatev's...it actually tastes good. In that comfort kind of way!
2 cans tomato bisque
2 cans creamed corn
1 can tomate sauce
1 can tomato paste
1 can diced mexican tomatoes
1 can olives
3 diced bell peppers
2 box sliced italian mushrooms
1 lb ground turkey
1 red onion 1 bag egg noodles
Shredded cheddar
Heat oven to 350, cook onion, mushrooms, bell peppers in olive oil until soft. Put egg noodles (raw) on bottom of casserole pan. Add met to sautee pan, brown, but do not cook fully. Throw in all cans of everything else, mix it up and throw on top of noodles in casserole pan. Give a quick stir, top with cheese and cover with foil, bake for 55 minutes. Voila! A totally unhealthy meal for husbands. I revised this recipe from his moms, adding more veggies and subbing turkey for beef. That helps make it edible for me. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment